Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fondue at the Grizzly House

Entering the Grizzly House on our third night in Banff. This is my first venture into a fondue restaurant, ever.


Imagine my surprise at the arrival of this raw meat, ready for me to cook.

We ordered the Hot Stones to "grill" our meat on, rather than cooking in the typical hot oil that fondue brings to mind.


Here are the first morsels of my meal -- notice there were SIX different sauces to dip the meat into. All were yummy.


For dessert, we had chocolate fondue and an assortment of fresh fruits to dip. My favorites were the strawberries!

I neglected to mention the appetizers -- either yummy cheese fondue with bread to dip, or a spicy broth/oil for veggie dipping. I thought I would prefer the cheese, but actually the spicy broth was quite tasty!

Some of our party -- at one table....
.... and at the other.

The other end of the first table -- They seem to be too busy eating to smile (except for James!)

No comments: