Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kay's needles


I was sad to learn of a friend's passing recently.  The memories start flooding in.  I had not heard from Kay in ages, but over 20 years ago, we were friends.  We met through our mutual friend Gracie -- in Los Fresnos where we were all teachers.
Then Kay retired from teaching and I switched to part-time, then quit work to pursue other interests, and only Gracie was still teaching Math (Geometry).  We still got together regularly in our Sigma Alpha Beta group to stitch and chat and socialize.  We went to movies and out to eat occasionally.  We sewed together making Gracie's daughter's wedding dress.  We shared lots of good times together......

The photo above was taken at Kay's Memorial Service in Harlingen by Gracie & sent to me as I could not get away to attend.  It features a display of Kay's favorite things ... including a needle case I made for her all those long years ago.

No comments: